Aheadd® Aluminium Powders for Additive Manufacturing
Constellium recently commercialized Aheadd®, a new generation of optimized high-performance aluminium powders for the Laser Powder Bed Fusion (LPBF) process.
- New design possibilities unmet with standard powder solutions
- Robust product properties including high strength, unmatched thermal stability, and good corrosion resistance
- Reduced component costs through higher LPBF productivity and simpler post processing
- Excellent LPBF surface quality and thin wall capability
- Extensive surface finishing options including anodizing & polishing
- Sustainable solutions for scale-up through the Constellium supply-chain
Aheadd® CP1 is the preferred solution when high conductivity & increased productivity are required.
Chemical composition: Al-Zr-Fe
Norm: Alloy AA8A61.50
Aheadd® HT1 is the perfect solution when high temperature & strength are required.
Chemical composition: Al-Mn-Ni-Cu-Zr
Norm: Alloy AA8A81.50
Laser Powder Bed Fusion
Laser Powder Bed Fusion (LPBF) is an additive manufacturing process which can be used to print high-performance, complex parts which are impossible to produce with conventional techniques, opening new possibilities for aluminum applications.
In addition, LPBF offers tooling-free, highly flexible manufacturing with low lead times as a complement to current production, for example for customized components, on-demand spare parts and rapid prototyping.