- Constellium is a world-class franchise, with strong customer relationships, a history of innovation/R&D and a broad asset footprint
- Global sector-leader developing and fabricating innovative, value-added aluminum products
- Positioned in diversified end-markets including aerospace, automotive and transportation, packaging (can sheet) and building
- Strong presence in key segments including co-#1 worldwide in aerospace and leader in engineered and armored plates, #1 in European beverage can and large extruded profiles
- With 8,850 employees located in 26 Countries, Constellium is organized around 3 main operating business units: Aerospace &Transportation (A&T), Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products (PARP) and Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I). €3,6 Billion in revenues.
- Constellium operates 24 production facilities located in Europe, the US and China, comprising a high quality, non-replicable manufacturing base, complemented by leading recycling capabilities
- The business’ competitive advantage is underpinned by proprietary technologies and leading innovation capabilities, driven by a world-class R&D center in France
- Product portfolio mostly focused on highly value-added products with strong technological content
- Constellium finalized the acquisition of Wise Metals, located in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, with a closing signature in January 5, 2015. Together with the Muscle Shoals colleagues, we are on a collective adventure to build the most robust and fastest growing company in our industry.
Ensure all Hot Rolling personnel are to achieve maximum performance and meet quality standards for both internal and external customers. Candidate will be responsible for training hourly and salary personnel. Primary focus is customer satisfaction and ensuring all recovery and quality expectations are followed. Measurable: Whole Piece loss goal and Recovery. Time allocation requires 80% floor time, 20% training, and mentoring steel workers and supervisors.
General Key accountabilities
- Support standard operating procedures for all jobs related to Hot Rolling – Quality Essentials
- Monitor mill Best Practices to optimize cost, quality and performance
- Conduct shift review with Hot Rolling Supervisors; documentation to support
- Perform Strip Inspections – Manufacturing Technology Manual Requirement
- Support all Lean Tools – First Defect Stop, Management Routine, Red Bin, Quality Prison etc.
- Verify gauges are correct with Hand Micrometer
- Ensure Startup Check list are completed by the Supervisor – “Go” or “No go”.
- Parsytec review every hour – along with the reviewing all batch that are being held
- Back-out sample inspection; support the Hot Mill supervisor daily
- Ensure that all Key Process Variables and Daily Quality Checks are filled out properly and the efforts are effective
- Review and release held metal by reviewing Hotline Defect standards and communicating with Production Control and Cold Rolling
- Communicate upstream issues and monitor downstream concerns
- Communicate diversions with process engineering
- Support and develop Best Practice efforts for 5182, 3104, 3003 and BiW
- Defect Catalog with Hot Mill employees on a bi-annual basis
- Supply corrective action to Recovery Owners – PE’s, weekly
- Review process data as needed using optimize.
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement
- B.S. degree in related field or high school education with equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 yrs quality experience in a hot and/or cold rolling mill
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Central
- Must be able to transfer technical information into layman’s terms for complete communication.
- Standard writing to include company correspondences and training documentation.
- Must be capable to facilitate and lead meetings to accomplish a positive and effective outcome.
- Ability to work with a broad cross section of people from top managers, hourly work force and internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and establish appropriate priority.
- Good problem solving skills required to assess customer equipment/product performance issues.
- General understanding of MS-Office Products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.