October 18th, 2022
Constellium is a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and recycling of aluminum products and solutions. We design and manufacture advanced alloys and engineered solutions for a range of applications, such as beverage cans, cars, airplanes across three business units: Aerospace and Transportation (A&T), Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products (P&ARP), and Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I).
With approximately 12.000 employees around the world, we operate 27 manufacturing sites in Europe, North America, and China, and have 3 R&D centers with total revenue portfolio of €6.2 billion in 2021. We are headquartered in Paris, with corporate offices in Baltimore and Zurich. Our story dates back more than a century, but our mission remains the same: to create game-changing aluminum solutions for a circular and sustainable economy and a brilliant new day.
With the rapid growth on the operations, Constellium has the need for an experienced Senior IT Project Manager to support our European businesses.
The Senior IT Project Manager Europe is part of the Regional IT organization and is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the project activities between the Constellium sites and the central teams.
The Senior IT Project Manager will be the IT person responsible to prepare (from initial business case) and to deliver assigned projects defined in the project roadmap.
This function will liaise closely with:
- The Corporate Project and Portfolio management team
- Other Corporate & Site IT teams (Applications, Infrastructure, Security, etc.)
- Corporate & Site Business teams (functional area owners, SMEs, finance, etc.)
- Third party contractors
- Key Stakeholders – internal & external
Successfully delivering projects assigned – on scope, on time & budget while managing quality, resources and risks – is a key success criterion for the role.
The role will be based in one of the major EU sites, or in Paris Headquarters. Travel to other European sites is required based on project needs.
Manage major projects from initiating through planning, executing and closing
- Responsible for the delivery of the project in planned time, scope and budget (in charge of project financial management)
- Manage stakeholder’s expectations
- Manage risk and issue processes, report to agreed project governance (example: steering committee, IT site manager)
- Setup the project team with the right resources and skills from technical / IT and business perspective
- Ensure the production of the relevant functional and technical requirements by the business and technical analysts
- Own the day-to-day interaction, communication and management of any vendor supplying services to the project
- Manage quality of deliverables throughout the project lifecycle
- Own communication and training requirements relevant for all stakeholders
- Work with the Release Manager to manage any IT changes into production.
- Work with the Business project manager to plan communication and necessary change management / training for the changes delivered by the project.
- Manage User Acceptance testing for changes implemented by projects
- In charge of handover to Service Operations team and/or site IT teams.
- Provide guidance & oversight on small projects without dedicated project managers
- Embrace role as mentor and subject manager expert for project management and delivery
- Manage project coordination between Central (Corporate) and site initiatives
Support site IT Managers in European sites in developing their roadmap and applying Corporate Project and Portfolio management processes and best practices.
Contribute to the development of Project and Portfolio management at Constellium.
Evaluate & deliver IT transformation initiative (e.g.: IT landscape & sourcing initiatives, support ITIL on application scope)
Coordinate with Central teams, European & North American sites in the project management area.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or business administration field; Master’s in Business preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills (PMP certification) in international IT environment, experience > 10 years with delivery of numerous end-to-end large and complex projects with significant budget (> 5 million euros), and preferably in manufacturing environment. Agile project management experience and certification is a plus.
- Experience in vendor relationship management
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational levels and different stakeholders (business, IT, vendors …) up to plant and senior management level
- Credibility to discuss with business stakeholders to understand requirements and deal with demand management
- Strong communication & leadership skills
- Willing to develop Project Management practices at Constellium (coaching, training …).
- Fluency in English is a must, French or German a plus
- Travel mainly in Europe.