United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
October 21st, 2022
Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added aluminum products for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging.
From eight dedicated plants in the Unites States and Europe, Aerospace and Transportation (A&T), a business unit of Constellium, develops and produces the aluminum products that contribute to shape the global aerospace, defense, transportation and industry markets of tomorrow.
Ravenswood Rolled Products is one of the world’s primary A&T rolling mills with unique aluminum plate and coil capabilities within the industry.
In order to maintain existing, and develop new, capabilities, a dedicated project engineering group identifies, facilitates, and executes a ongoing portfolio of various size and type projects. Each project requires an integrated team consisting of internal resources including engineering, managers, operations, process, EHS, and reliability; as well as external OEM and design firms. This position is a leadership role within this project engineering group.
- Project management of multi-discipline projects with focus on environmental, health, and safety (EHS), quality, risk management, cost, and schedule.
- Discipline specific engineering support for assigned projects.
- Periodic discipline specific guidance and support for plant maintenance and operations
- Support of engineering system maintenance, advancement and improvement initiatives
Given the role defined above, the main responsibilities of the project manager, with assistance from the project teams, are:
- Compliance with project objectives in terms of EHS, quality, cost, risk, and schedule.
- Compliance with applicable Constellium and industry standards.
- Effective communication between the internal and external project team, and plant management
Leadership Competencies / Technical Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 3 years engineering experience or Technical Associates Degree with 7 years experience.
- Relevant certification (CAPM, PMP or equiv.) preferred
- Experience and knowledge of typical rolling mill and support systems, casting technologies preferred
- Willingness to learn project management, quality, and lean methodologies & techniques.
- Technical Skills mastery – Design, validation and troubleshooting
- Proficient with typical computer based software and systems
- Typical portfolio consists of 50-70 projects of various size and in various stages of completion. This role will be required to lead and/or support multiple projects as well as provide periodic department and plant support.
- Must be well organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Project Management and Execution
- Large and Small Capital Projects
- Strong Technical Skill Mastery and Practical Application ability
- Primarily an office job with frequent field requirements.
- Department personnel including Project Managers/Engineers, Designers, Cost Manager
- All levels of upper Management
- All Production & Maintenance Managers
- All Plant Support Groups
- 3rd party engineering and construction firms
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.