New AlplanTM Beyond Precision – unrivaled industrial plates solution for increased productivity and reduced production costs.
“TRA-C Industrie is working on highly demanding final applications for Defense. Thanks to AlplanTM aluminium plates, we successfully overcame the various technical challenges” said Bruno Voland, CEO of TRA-C Industrie. “AlplanTM provides exceptional dimensional stability and flatness paired with very narrow thickness tolerance resulting in a better machinability and weldability, both by advanced technics such as Friction Stir Welding (FSW) and more traditional ones. With AlplanTM we improve welding productivity and profitability.”
Constellium’s AlplanTM industrial plates are the result of a long-standing proprietary process optimized over the last 20 years in our Swiss plant.
Up to 15 times better flatness (vs. industry standards)
Best-in-class flatness – before and after finish machining – obtained through tightly controlled rolling and heat treatment parameters.
Up to 40% (vs. standard mill finish plate)
Precision milling on both sides using propriety equipment ensures that plates are ready for value added finish machining – eliminates majority of set ups and low value machine passes.
Up to 90% reduction in part rework thanks to superior shape stability (vs. standard mill finish plate)
Optimized flow path that minimizes residual stress and guarantees outstanding shape stability – even in case of severe asymmetric machining.
Why AlplanTM Beyond Precision are better for aluminium production parts
Get them right the first time, get them right every time
- End customer machining complex part out of standard mill finish industry plate
- Aluminium plate is supplied in cut-to-size format by metal distributor
- First step consists in milling plate surface on both faces – often requiring the use of expensive machinery for low value-add work
Benefits of using AlplanTM Beyond Precision vs. standard mill finish plate
#1 - No defect / reject risk from basic milling operations – AlplanTM Beyond Precision plates are ready for finish machining – every time
- Elimination of surface milling operation in customer’s machine shop: less material to buy and stock, faster fabrication, less chips to dispose off
- Elimination of keenserts and helicoils for AlplanTM 7075 and Unidal®
#2 - Virtually eliminating the risk for end user to scrap parts after / during machining
- Excellent dimensional stability for machining operations
- No deformation resulting from surface milling
- Applicable to parts requiring complex asymmetric machining and subject to dynamic loads
- Excellent anodizing properties
AlplanTM Beyond Precision Product line includes:
- Unidal® – alloy 7019