Coil Process Group Technical Manager
United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
August 25th, 2023
Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added aluminum products for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging.
- Manage coil process and product through maintenance & improvement efforts to optimize performance, maximize material recovery, eliminate process waste and improve conversion costs through technical solutions, training and process control.
- Maintain all metallurgical, technical and quality requirements of the customer specifications for coil products.
- Manage CPG Quality Management Systems and improve Customer Quality Satisfaction
- Technical leader - Direct supervisor of CPG area process & quality professionals.
- Manage CPG department technical team & reduce quality losses
- Accountable for project tracking and report out for quality KPI
- Maintain and improve CPG processing practices to improve product capability & performance, process effeciency and material recovery.
- Directly supervise area quality & process engineer(s) and/or metallurgist(s).
- Train & guide area quality & process engineer(s) and/or metallurgist(s), in implementing area process improvements to support customer needs for process control.
- Provide Technical expertise & support to daily activities of CPG department
- Manage all appropriate technical practices, customer & special process specifications and formal reports.
- Manage investigation, data analysis and implementation of solutions to complex problems involving multiple production centers and technical aspects
- Envision opportunities for process improvement and act on those ideas through equipment modification, process improvement, material changes, etc. Effectively use data & technical knowledge to understand the existing process capability and the opportunity for improvement.
- Utilize data-driven, structured approach to root cause analysis and problem-solving to achieve desired results
- Interact and lead across multiple areas and levels of the organization.
- Manage processes to maintain compliance to Ravenswood Quality Systems by working closely with the Central Quality group
- Manage qualification of process performed through newly installed/upgraded equipment
- Lead and maintain all department SOP’s, Calibration documentation, Process FMEA’s & Control Plans
- Support Coil New Product Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field or equivalent - Metallurgy or Materials Science preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in Manufacturing
- Ability to supervise & guide technical professionals
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills
- Capable of leading multi-functional teams
- Well-developed analytical & statistical skills
- Experience with Lean & Six Sigma methodologies
- Manufacturing experience with aluminum rolling preferred
- Self-motivated and self-directed leader
- Capable Supervisor of technical talent
- Result-oriented with a data-driven, structured approach to root cause analysis and problem-solving
- Effective in working in a team environment as well as working with aggressive individual goals
- Capable of interacting and leading across multiple areas and levels of the organization.
- Must have process implementation skills and the ability to implement technical solutions on the shop floor
- CPG Department Quality team
- CPG Department Management
- CPG Department Hourly Personnel
- Roll shop
- Central Quality team
- Casting and Hotline Department Technical/Quality resources
- Maintenance & Reliability Managers/Engineers
- Process development metallurgists
- Customer Application Engineers
- External auditors
- Constellium research center & sister facilities
- Outside labs
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.