Project Electrical Engineer - Casting
United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
January 10th, 2024
Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added aluminum products for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging.
In order to facilitate major upgrades in the Cast House, and develop new capabilities, a dedicated Casting project group is dedicated to major facilities improvements, including designing new casting furnaces, drying furnaces, and general facility improvements associated with major upgrades. Each project requires an integrated team consisting of internal resources including engineering, managers, operations, process, EHS, and reliability; as well as external OEM and design firms. This position is a leadership role within this casting project group.
- Project management and electrical engineering design of multi-discipline projects with focus on environmental, health, and safety (EHS), quality, risk management, cost, and schedule.
- These projects will be focused on major capital projects for the Casting Future State, including new casting furnace design and installation.
The main responsibilities of the project electrical engineer will be to provide direct design input and oversee the electrical design aspect of major capital projects for Casting Future State Project.
- Compliance with project objectives in terms of EHS, quality, cost, risk, and schedule.
- Compliance with applicable Constellium and industry standards.
- Effective communication between the internal and external project team, and plant management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3 years engineering experience or Technical Associates Degree with 7 years of experience.
- Industrial plant experience is desired
- Casting experience is preferred
- Willingness to learn project management, quality, and lean methodologies & techniques.
- Technical Skills mastery – Design, validation and troubleshooting
- Proficient with typical computer based software and systems
Project Management and Electrical Engineer Duties
- Mainly Large Capital Project
- Strong Technical Skill Mastery and Practical Application ability
- Primarily an office job with frequent field requirements.
- Department personnel including Managers/Engineers, Planners, Schedulers, Safety and Operation
- All levels of upper Management
- Central Project Engineering Group
- All Plant Support Groups
- 3rd party engineering and construction firms
Equipment vendors and suppliers
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.