Junior Data Engineer
France, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Voreppe
December 21st, 2023
Junior Data Engineer (all genders)
Constellium is a world leader in the development and manufacture of high value-added aluminium products and solutions for a wide range of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging. Constellium also has nearly 12,000 employees worldwide.
We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations and improving the life cycle footprint of aluminium throughout the value chain. In our company, safety is essential, it is one of our core values without compromise. Our Research and Technology Center, C-TEC Constellium Technology Center, based in Grenoble (Voreppe - 38), employs about 240 people.
By joining our company, you will discover a multicultural company (more than 18 nationalities) which is committed to diversity and the well-being of its employees. You will also discover an R&D center rich by its expertise and by the benevolence of its employees.
The Digital core team is deploying Industry 4.0 technologies everywhere in the group to create our future world-class manufacturing processes. In the context of a replacement, C-TEC is hiring a Junior Data Engineer.
In the frame of our global digital strategy, the focus of this role is to set data solutions to bring value for our business.
The job holder will have to:
- Design, build and maintain data flows
- Manage SQL databases and support users on data access
- Design and grow our data repository on the cloud
- Watch, benchmark, test and implement solutions around data on Azure
- Help our plants to structure and process their data
- Support our developers on data transfer and modeling
- Run basic data analysis and support data scientists on model industrialization
The job holder will need good communication skills to share his results and achievements to non-IT / data specialists.
Contribute to C-TEC's zero accident policy by enforcing all EHS rules, writing GTPs (General Work Permits) when necessary, conducting safety visits, reporting any accidents or near accidents and being mindful of the safety of others.
A masters-level qualification in computer science linked to data management.
A first experience in a data engineer position with achievements regarding the following fields:
- SQL / data modeling
- Coding in Python
- Software architecture
- ETL (ideally Azure Data Factory)
- Data Architecture / Datalake organization
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud environment and GitHub would be a plus, but is not mandatory
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interest in data and manufacturing topics.
- Proven ability to learn and deliver.
- Willingness to interact with various profiles (including non-IT).
- Curiosity to evaluate innovative technologies from the digital world.
Professional Working Proficiency in written and spoken in English and French are required to interact with team members and other plants.
The position implies business trips to plants in Europe and in the USA.
- Attractive Salary
- Annual working days system, with work time reduction
- Staff canteen
- Important benefits from the work council
- Remote work