United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
January 18th, 2024
The Warehouse Clerk position is responsible for the safe, timely and accurate receipt of parts or miscellaneous items ordered and placed in specified areas of the warehouse. Receiver must follow proper procedures for receiving all products entering the facility including verifying actual product against bill of lading, confirming product quality, and quantity. Position is also responsible for maintaining cleanliness of receiving area including loading dock, aisle ways, receiving office, and other areas of warehouse. Receiver will work in and out of cold environment and safely operate machinery including forklift, pull carts, golf carts, and pallet jack.
Additional responsibilities include issuing products out to end user according to work orders/reservations as well as taking inventory on a regular basis.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately, with focused attention to details
- Team player with ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritize
- Workers operate a gas or electric powered forklift truck to move, pick, pack, stack, load, or unload materials in and about the warehouse, staging area, etc . Work may include using banding machine
- Workers may use bar code readers, computer terminals or other electronic devices to track product as it is moved.
- Works at the counter to assist customers with filling their orders.
- Maintains stock and warehouse area, keeping it organized and clean. Receive and verify incoming shipments and then stock accordingly
- Performs shipping and receiving duties in a warehouse setting ensuring accuracy and security of inventory received and issued while Completing necessary paperwork for pick ticket/proof of delivery
- Maintains parts and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and participates in inventory counts
- Follows safety practices to ensure their safety and the safety of others
- PC experience using Word, Excel, SAP and accessing websites on the Internet required
- Maintain certs as required by department guidelines
- Proper scale weighing of trucks before and after each pickup and delivery.
- Receiving, issuing, kitting, repair tracking and administration.
- Transaction execution and computer related task to support day-to-day activities and running reports as needed.
- Willing to work in environments which may be dusty and/or do tasks in which you might get dirty.
Promote plant safety program in the warehouse for all PPE and unsafe acts
Help to maintain an accurate inventory through regular cycle counting as well as occasional physical inventorying.
Order Fill Rate
The order fill rate is the daily percentage of total reservations available to be filled as required by the date requested.
Helping to maintain consistent cycle counting processes as well as ensuring items a regularly and accurately accounted for.
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement
- Able to Interface and communicate with all levels of plant personnel
- Experience with use of spreadsheets and databases
- Proficient in SAP Materials Management (MM), and Microsoft Office required
- Forklift training required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Knowledge of spare parts a plus