January 29th, 2024
Constellium is a global leader in aluminum manufacturing with 13’000 employees in 25 locations distributed over Europe, North America and Asia. Constellium serves the aerospace, transportation, automotive and the packaging market. In doing that, Constellium heavily depends on information technology which enables business support and production processes.
The position of the Infrastructure Architect is part of the Central IT Infrastructure Team and is reporting to the Director IT Infrastructure, who is part of the IT Leadership team reporting to the CIO. Constellium IT is a global organization with team members distributed over many sites, different countries and time zones.
The Infrastructure Architect is acting in his global role by collaborating with the other infrastructure teams, central IT teams or roles such as IT Security, Central Service Desk, Application and the IT teams located in our sites.
The Central IT Infrastructure team is responsible for designing, developing, improving and operating central IT infrastructure services which are provided to the Constellium locations, the end users, the application teams and also directly to the business. Central IT infrastructure covers Messaging & Desktop, Central IT Service Desk, Networking and Hosting. The Infrastructure Architect is managing a team of 2 people.
Designing infrastructure solutions
- Designing cost efficient and fit to purpose infrastructure solutions that are aligned with the needs of the different stakeholders (business, sites, application teams, digital, infrastructure & security teams)
- Systematically collecting, documenting and understanding stakeholders needs and translate them into IT infrastructure solutions
- Drive technical and business discussions which are depending on IT infrastructure
- Assist and participate in infrastructure and other IT projects
- Aligning solutions with business goals and strategies
- Define infrastructure standards where meaningful to ensure maximum cost efficiency, simplified operations and robust IT services
- Ensure business and IT needs regarding IT infrastructure are captured and aligned with the relevant standards
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, design standards, governance
Evaluate & test new technologies
- Anticipate business needs help Constellium IT to be ready for them
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies, services, tools, and cloud vendors for innovative new capabilities to guide business and technology decisions
- Prepare IT infrastructure for future needs by collaborating closely with the different stakeholders
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement
- Previous team management experience is required
- Strong team player with abilities to actively work with different teams in infrastructure, security, application and business
- Abilities to collaborate effectively in a complex matrix organization
- Strong technological leadership skills
- Experience in proposing technology solutions and providing convincing business cases
- Knowledge and understanding of industry needs, trends and technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural solutions
- Strong skills in designing holistic infrastructure & security solutions which consider technical, organizational, operational and process aspects
- Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others
- Good communicator in international and globally distributed team
- Abilities to “sell” solutions and convince stakeholders
- Experience in IT architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
- Up to 8 years of experience in designing and operating infrastructure & security services
- Industry certifications in the field of IT Infrastructure, networking and security
- ITIL Certification
- Very solid understanding of common network technologies, protocols and solutions (in particular Cisco SD-WAN, Cisco DNA and CheckPoint)
- Very solid understanding of common hosting, operating systems, storage and virtualization solutions (in particular Microsoft operating systems and infrastructure services, VMWare, vSAN, Veeam etc.)
- Solid understanding for IT security including network security (firewalls, IPS, IDS, VPN, proxies), system security (hardening, malware prevention), compliance (SOX, NIST, GDPR) as well as authentication and authorization.
Additional information: international travels up to 20% of the time
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.