Category Manager Energy and Renewables
February 1st, 2024
Constellium (NYSE: CSTM) is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high value-added aluminium products and solutions. We design and manufacture advanced alloys and engineered solutions for a range of applications, such as cars, beverage cans, airplanes and more.
With revenue amounting to € 8.1 billion in 2022, around 12,500 employees, we operate more than 28 manufacturing sites in Europe, North America, and China. Our capabilities include extrusions and rolled products, automotive structural components, and recycling.
• Automotive: Our advanced aluminium solutions for automotive components help global manufacturers produce lighter, safer, and more fuel-efficient vehicles, as well as electric vehicles with greater range. We are a world leader in Crash Management Systems and hold a leading European position in Auto Body Sheet.
• Aerospace: We offer innovative, high performance products and manufacturing services to companies working in commercial aircraft, military aircraft, and space programs. The global leader in aerospace plates and aluminium-lithium flat rolled products, we are also a major player in fuselage sheets.
• Packaging: From design to production to recycling, we are a leading integrated supplier in the aluminium packaging market. We supply aluminium coils and sheets for beverage and food cans, wine and spirits closures, hair and body care aerosols, and luxury cosmetics packaging. In addition to being the global leader in closure stock, we are also a leader in can stock for Europe and North America.
Purpose of the position
The Category Manager Energy and Renewables is mainly responsible for supporting the Energy Procurement Director on the end-to-end energy sourcing process, including strategy definition, demand forecasting, tender management, risk management, contract management, reporting and renewables sourcing projects. He/she will be working as part of team of 3 energy & sustainable sourcing category managers, reporting to the Director Energy/Alloys Procurement & Sustainable Sourcing, and will work in close collaboration with the Constellium sites and Business Units
• Support defining and executing the group-wide, multisite energy sourcing strategy with a focus on a region (Europe/US) or a group of countries, for electricity, natural gas and renewable energy.
• Manage and own contacts with energy suppliers and Constellium site procurement managers on all operational topics related to energy procurement and contract management.
• Support and/or drive tender management, supply contract drafting and participate in supplier negotiations.
Reporting & Risk Management
• Implement a recurring energy demand forecasting process with the sites and develop/maintain the required tools to enable and automate it.
• Understand, track and report the energy price positions and exposures for all sites and energy commodities in his/her scope, as well as non-commodity cost-drivers (T&D, taxes, etc.)
• Continuously improve the energy procurement reporting processes and formats.
• Drive the roll-out of the global energy risk management and hedging strategy in collaboration with Central Treasury, Sites and Business Units teams. Update the related policy and strengthen the tracking & reporting tools.
Renewables and special projects
• Participate in strategic projects related to renewable energy sourcing (PPAs, Biogas, EACs, etc.)
• Participate in Trade Associations on energy and energy policy related topics.
Leadership Competencies, Technical Skills Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field, Masters in Business preferred.
• 5 to 10 years' experience in energy procurement in Europe; experience with US energy markets highly appreciated
• Prior exposure to a global corporation with a matrix organization and international awareness
• Prior experience with a multisite, international energy sourcing portfolio, including commercial, risk management and reporting dimensions. Experience with the French energy system is a plus.
• Experience with renewable energy sourcing models and related business implications (risk management, legal and accounting aspects, renewable energy reporting regulation).
• Excellent logical and analytical skills, combined with business acumen and an ability to quickly shift focus to the “big picture”.
• Superior Excel and Powerpoint skills and ability to automate data-based analyses involving heterogeneous sources with limited or no IT budget. Bloomberg experience is a plus.
• Structured and well-organized mindset and working style, allowing to deal with multiples sites, commodities, suppliers, data sources and keep full control of information flows and supports.
• Excellent interaction and communication skills and ability to gain people's trust and collaboration inside and outside the organization, without direct or indirect reporting lines, including at production site level in a variety of countries.
• Comfortable dealing with all organizational levels and stakeholders internally and externally including suppliers, with a professional attitude. Ability to communication with senior management in a clear, concise, and self-confident fashion.
• Team player with a pragmatic and flexible mindset, willing to join a human, humble, easy-going but high-performing team, and ready to run the extra-mile when required.
• Comfortable to work with limited guidance and to deal with an uncertain environment, where priorities often change on short notice.
• Available for occasional travel in Europe and in the US.
• Interested in a future career development in commodities procurement management (energy and/or metals).
• Fluent English, Fluent French a strong asset, Fluent German an advantage.
Based in Zürich preferably or Paris alternatively.
Additional information: international travels up to 20% of the time
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.