Human Resources Business Partner
United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
February 2nd, 2024
The HR Business Partner promotes positive working relationships with all employees in the business unit to promote a cohesive workforce. The HRBP will partner closely with the business unit by conducting and attending weekly business meetings. The HRBP will provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (including coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions, and CBA assistance). The HRBP will work to closely develop relationships with all levels of management in the business unit. These relationships will help promote trust between the parties for future working relationships. Provides day-to-day counsel to all management personnel in dealing with employees in the performance of their respective jobs. When necessary acts as Constellium’s advocate in handling grievances to include arbitrations and presenting position statements to Governmental and State agencies. Acts as Constellium’s representative in disciplinary hearing and in the discharge of both salary and hourly employees. Conducts detailed investigations and prepares applicable reports as necessary or as directed. Work closely with other members of the HR department to effectively communicate information and assist employees in the business unit.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBP provides people solutions to business problems. The HRBP serves as a consultant and business partner alongside business manager on people related issues. The HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent. This person will need to be proactive and try to anticipate the needs of the business unit. The HRBP must formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver valued added service to area management team and hourly employees in the business unit. The HRBP must maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its business plans, and its culture. The HRBP will also assist in administering the collective bargaining agreement with applicable.
- Facilitate the HR Function of the business unit
- Support EHS Principles
- Oversee and administer leave requests and accommodations (FMLA, ADA, State and Local leave laws, and short-term/long-term disability plans.
- Assist in attracting, developing, engaging and retaining talent in the business units
- Conduct and attend meetings in the business unit
- Identify, track and report on key performance indicators
- Identify human element of root cause to business problems and suggest solutions
- Act as local subject matter expert and communicator for labor contract compliance
- Coach and provide training to First Line Leaders
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies to benefit the business unit
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conducting through and objective investigations
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, and retention
Facilitate management/employee relationships
- Develop a cohesive and partnering workforce between management and the employees
- Resolve differences between management and employees on wide variety of issues
- Maintain a cohesive workforce
Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources
- Ensures a flexible HR function capable of meeting the needs of the organization
- Bachelor Degree in Business, HR, Industrial Relations or related field
- 5 to 10 Years’ Experience of broad-based HR experience
- Demonstrated competencies in several core HR areas such as employee and labor relations, OD, and Employment
- Experience shall include HR management within a mid-size to large manufacturing company
- Ability to balance a strategic focus with a strong orientation toward process improvement and an analytical, detail oriented perspective
- Excellent facilitator who is skilled in resolving conflicts and be a provider of sound counsel to senior leadership on sensitive HR issues
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, and other applicable laws
Job requires complex thinking and problem solving skills that can be both independently or collaboratively made. Decisions will help establish a precedent and can have a large dollar impact. Must be able to make a decision with limited resources within a short period of time.
The incumbent is given the freedom to implement decisions and resolutions to problems/grievances upon seeking approval.
The job requires the close working relationship with all employees from Plant Management to down to shop floor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.